Monday, February 3, 2014

RootsTech

RootsTech 2014


Tomorrow I am off to attend RootsTech and plan to share with those of you still out there my impressions and a few photos.  I have never attended this event before and am really looking forward to it.  However, I will admit I am a little apprehensive about being there with almost 10,000 people--the advertised attendance. I plan to get to the presentations early to get a seat.  I have heard from past attendees that the more popular presentations fill up quickly.

I am going a day early to do research at the Family History Library.  In preparation I have spent some time on the library's catalog and have prepared research logs for attacking my two "brick walls".  With the documents listed by title and catalog number, all I have to do is obtain the book or microfilm, do the research and then log the results on my research log.

The weather will be  a little different than San Diego; but it is only about a block to the Conference Center and three blocks to the library from our hotel.  I am sharing a room with a friend and fellow member of the Computer Genealogy Society of San Diego, Tom Smith.  This will also be Tom's first time at RootsTech.

I attend the Southern California Genealogical Society's annual Jamboree in Burbank, but this will be much larger and have a somewhat broader selection of speakers.  I always enjoy visiting with the vendors and it appears that they have everyone who is anybody in the Genealogy word represented in the Exhibit Hall.  

Should be a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment