Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blogging--It Was Fun While It Lasted; but. . . .!

Blogging--It Was Fun While It Lasted; but. . . .!

I am just short of seven months of blogging, have posted 153 blogs and feel that is adequate time to evaluate my efforts.  I have enjoyed the experience; but have learned it takes a lot of time.  This, combined with the fact I am only getting about 100 pageviews on a good day, have convinced me to shift my focus to other activities that I have been neglecting.  I have lots of genealogy research, home projects and volunteer activities to keep me more than busy in the future. 

I have only been doing about one subject a day in my blog, whereas, the more popular bloggers are doing two to four subjects.  It takes me about two hours just to do one subject.  That is a lot of time just for a few readers.

I really appreciate those (few) of you who have been "regular subscribers"; but know that there are lots of other genealogy bloggers out there for you to follow.

I have certainly gained a lot of respect and admiration for people like Dick Eastman, Randy Seaver, James Tanner, Pat Richley-Erickson (Dear Myrtle), Thomas MacEntee and Diane Haddad who blog every (or almost every) day of the month come rain or shine.  They, and the many others I haven't named, are truly dedicated genealogists.

I have enjoyed blogging and will probably post occasionally in the future; but need to get back to those "brick walls" and many other activities that I have been neglecting.

Thanks again for you past interest and happy ancestor hunting! . . . . . Del

  

No comments:

Post a Comment