Thursday, June 27, 2013

WDYTYA Starting July 23

I learned in Dick Eastman's newsletter this morning that The Learning Channel (TLC) has announced their celebrity line up for this season's WDYTYA series.  I probably should have spelled our what WDYTYA means; but I am depending on the fact that most genealogists are going to know.  

Now that we have completed the series for Dancing with the Stars, American Idol and The Voice; I will have to tape and watch another "must see" series!  I must admit that I only know four of the celebrities.  Following is the announcement:

U.S. Version of Who Do You Think You Are? Announces This Season's Celebrities

TLC has announced the celebrities to appear on the new series beginning July 23. They are: Christina Applegate, Kelly Clarkson, Cindy Crawford, Zooey Deschanel, Chelsea Handler, Chris O'Donnell, Jim Parsons and Trisha Yearwood.
TLC-WDYTYA

Details may be found on TLC's web site at http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/who-do-you-think-you-are/videos/who-do-you-think-you-are.htm.


Ancestry Family Search Extension
I had hoped to provide a detailed discussion of a very neat application that allows you to open your ancestry.com tree and then do a search in Family Search with a search box that is populated by the data from your ancestry tree. It can only be used with Chrome, so you have to open ancestry with Chrome. Unfortunately, as I got to the end of the process, I received an error message.  To get it resolved I had to send the message data to Ancestry and wait for their response--which I hope will fix the problem.  Having spend a lot of time getting that far, I am out of time.  Thus, you are getting a very abbreviated blog tonight!  Sorry--will try and make up tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment