Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Sunday Plans for Jamboree

Today will be the day some of the attendees begin to feel they are going into "overload". especially if they are real dedicated and attended a session during every available lecture period during the previous day and a half.

Here is my schedule for the day:
8:30 to 9:30 a.m. SU003. Cyndi Howells--"A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List".  I am aware of Cyndi's List and have looked at it a couple times; but haven't really taken advantage of all it has to offer.  Now is my chance.

10:00 to 11:00 a.m. I am really torn here as I have interests in both Paula Stuart-Warren's "What Next? Developing Research Plans" and Richard Humphrey's "Creating a Custom Photo-History Book".  I have done about four photo books for my children and grandchildren and work a lot with photographs; but could probably get some good tips from Richard.  On the other hand, Paula's presentation could prove to be very beneficial to my "brick wall" research.  Will do some more research.

1:00 to 2:00 p.m. SU020, James Ryan "Strange and Unusual Sources for Irish Family History".  There are only a couple Irish sessions during Jamboree, so will see what James has to say.  

2:30 to 3:30 p.m.  If I haven't hit "overload", I will check out the "By Popular Demand" options to see if it is a session I missed earlier; but really want to attend.  Otherwise, we may hit the road home a little early.  

Remember to keep your "To Do" list of the gems that jump out at you during the presentations and you say to yourself, "I have to do that next week after I get back home!"  Also, remember to wear your Red, White and Blue clothing today in support of Jamboree's Sunday tradition of  "Theme" attire.   

No comments:

Post a Comment